Become a Volunteer and Make a Difference!
If you are new to the program attend a volunteer orientation. (Dates are listed below)
Download the application below. Once you have completed ALL PARTS of the application (Exhibit D must be notarized) please email it to Zach at email@example.com.
Fill out the background check emailed to you through the Sterling background check system.
Once the background check is cleared you must attend a mandatory observation day for the program you are interested in volunteering in.
Upcoming volunteer orientation dates:
If you are able to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 10th @ Holland and Knight Law Firm from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
November 14th @ Holland and Knight Law Firm from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- If you contact The First Tee of Denver you will receive a response back within 48 hours, during the work week.
- Applying to volunteer doesn’t mean that the program will be going on at that time. You may have to wait for a period of time before your specific program starts.
- Processing the background check and application can take weeks, please be patient.
- If you sign up for a program the expectation is that you will be there for every class. (This will typically be a 6-8 week commitment, and will normally be 1-3 hours a week.)
- Not all applicants will be accepted at the time that they apply, if you aren’t accepted you will be placed on a wait list.
Click Below to become a First tee of denver volunteer today!
Ways to volunteer
|Volunteer Opportunities||Locations||Days/Times||Time Commitment||Role|
|Read ‘n’ Swing||Varies||Always for one hour in the after-school window (typically beginning 3:00 or 4:00)||1 hour per week for 6 to 8 weeks||Read and teach golf skills to students|
|Advanced Golf Programming (Birdie Classes)||Wellshire, Willis Case, Overland||Sunday Morning or Monday Afternoon||1-2 hours per week for 4-6 weeks||Help teach advanced golf skills to students|
|Tournament Walkers||Varies||Monday and Tuesday afternoons in the summer||
Par 3 – 1.5-3 hours;
9-hole – 2.5-4 hours
|Walk along with tournament groups and help with pace of play and any other questions|
|In-School P.E.||Varies||Monday-Friday during school hours||1 hour to full day||Help teach basic golf skills to P.E. classes|
|Events (Ex. Adult tournaments, golf expo, kids one day clinics)||Varies||Varies||Typically 4-8 hours||Varies|
|Committee Member||Varies||Varies||Typically 1-2 hours per month||Serve different roles on a committee to help improve The First Tee|
|Administrative Work||The First Tee of Denver office or from home||Varies||Varies||Tasks can range from database entry, help with website and social media, marketing, etc.|