The First Tee of Denver
Youth Leadership Council
The purpose of this group is to serve as the leadership group for The First Tee of Denver participants, and also provide input for programming from the participants’ perspective. Members of this council also report back to the First Tee of Denver Board and committees, and assist with chapter marketing and communication. Lastly, the most important role of the Youth Leadership Council is to organize and manage community service projects throughout the year.
In order to join Youth Leadership Council you must be between ages 12-18, and currently active in a First Tee of Denver program. Junior council members have the right to vote for the election of Officers, and participate in all events after joining. To remain eligible for national participant opportunities, and remain in “good standing,” all junior council members are required to participate in meetings, and/or fundraisers.
- Meetings take place at least once a month at Wellshire Golf Course. If additional meetings are needed due to an event they will be added at that time.
- All members must demonstrate The Code of Conduct before, during and after all meetings.
Membership in TFTD junior council includes the following responsibilities and expectations:
- Participants can serve as a Junior Coach during summer, spring, and fall programming
- Contribute to junior council website page, Facebook, and Twitter
- Provide input and assistance on volunteers
- Assist with major events
- Assist with The First Tee National Participant Opportunity application process
- Serve as speakers/ambassadors for TFTD
- Demonstrate and abide by The First Tee Code of Conduct, Nine Core Values and all life skills
YLC Goals 2017
- Grow active membership in the council to 20-25 by the end of the year
- Speak with all eligible participants
- Communicate opportunities through newsletters, email, website, and social media on a regular basis with current and potential members
- Increase the number of YLC members selected to apply for National Participant Opportunities
- Update participant opportunity section on YLC website
- Provide ample opportunities for member involvement with fundraisers, coaching and other volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Create 25% more teen opportunities at the chapter by 2017
- Communicate with the Director of Programming to develop additional ideas
- Raise at least $2,500 in 2017
- Host at least 2 fundraising events in the first year, while continuously adding fundraising ideas for upcoming years